Ajwain’s small, oval-shaped, seed-like fruits are pale brown schizocarps, which resemble the seeds of other plants in the family Apiaceae such as caraway, cumin and fennel. They have a bitter and pungent taste, with a flavor similar to anise and oregano. They smell almost exactly like thyme because they also contain thymol, but they are more aromatic and less subtle in taste, as well as being somewhat bitter and pungent. Even a small number of fruits tends to dominate the flavor of a dish.
- Chew one leaf every day to get rid of gases and bloating.
- One Ajwain leave help in digestion when consumed with black salt.
- Chopped leaves of Patta Ajwain and coriander are used to garnish buttermilk.
- It helps lower blood pressure, High blood pressure, or hypertension, is a common condition that increases your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- This plant prevent relief from coughing and improve airflow.
- This plant has anti-inflammatory effects.
- The Ajwain plant can be grown in 8-12inch pot.
- We can directly planted the cuttings of this Ajwain Plant.
- Ajwain plant grows well in shade and partial sunlight.
- This Plant can be grown in hanging baskets too and you can add it to the wall.